Driver: Fluid Hauling
Fort St. John
POSITION: Driver – Fluid
LOCATION: Fort St. John, BC
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
The Fluid Driver is responsible for safe loading, transporting, and unloading of fluid. This position will safely operate company equipment under varying work site and road conditions and will be physically able to complete all tasks required.
TASKS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain an accurate logbook of driving activities to ensure compliance with federal regulations governing the rest and work periods.
- Proactively manage time by planning your trip, and communicating with the branch manager and dispatch about pre/post trip, hours of service, required resets, time off requests, schedule conflicts, delays or anything that may affect your trip or job performance.
- Promptly hand in complete paperwork such as BOL’s, logs and any other relevant paperwork to be processed.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of equipment, and communicate requirements and/or restrictions or limitations of the job.
- Be cognizant of poor road conditions and chain-up when conditions dictate.
- Perform minor repairs/adjustments when instructed by the Shop Foreman
- Responsible for routine maintenance of the unit, and ensuring it is mechanically sound before beginning a trip (checking oil, fuel levels, tires, lubricating, as per the pre/post trips).
- Contribute to a safe working environment by completing JSA’s, Hazard ID’s, and attending safety meetings.
- Operates the unit in a safe manner at-all-times and abide by posted speed limits, legal limits and road restrictions/conditions.
- Able to work in remote locations and in adverse weather conditions.
- Remain fit for duty, available to work and report to duty as assigned by dispatch unless on approved time off.
- Be physically able to complete required tasks including, but not limited to, chaining up.
- Demonstrate excellent judgement, never comprising on quality, and always ensuring the needs of the customer and Oculus are placed ahead of your own personal gain or interest.
- Positively contribute to a work environment that promotes safety, respect, cooperation and professionalism.
Class 1 Licence, Standard First Aid, Out-of-jurisdiction First Aid, H2S Alive, minimum of 2 years of hauling fluid off-road
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls.
Please state the position you are applying for and any other relevant details