Be part of a team with a passion for what they do
At Oculus, its more than just a job. We are always looking for passionate, hardworking people to add to our growing branches.
Heavy Equipment Tech
Fort St. John, British Columbia
The Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician is responsible for the repairs and maintenance of company equipment, while being cognizant of schedules and deadlines. This role works closely with the Shop Foreman and assists in training and mentoring Apprentice Heavy Equipment Technicians.
- Responsible for the repair and servicing of all company equipment
- Provide accurate estimates on timelines and costs
- Ensure that the shop facilities are maintained to be safe, clean, and efficient
- Inspect and monitor work while it is being performed in the shop and, upon completion, ensure compliance and that it meets all regulatory requirements
- Train and mentor junior repair technicians, leading by example and providing support, knowledge and direction
- Manage and maintain a work environment that promotes safety, respect and professionalism and ensuring a cooperative relationship is maintained between the shop and all other departments
- Work closely and strategically with the Shop Foreman on timelines and demands to ensure that organizational goals are met or exceeded
- Safely operate the company service truck in varying and adverse road conditions
- Work in remote locations and diagnose and repair equipment as required
- Any other roles or responsibilities as assigned by the Shop Foreman
- Journeyman Heavy Equipment Certificate
- Class 5 License (minimum), Class 1 License is preferred.
The Fluid Driver is responsible for safe loading, transporting, and unloading of fluid. This position will safely operate company equipment under varying work site and road conditions and will be physically able to complete all tasks required.
- Maintain an accurate logbook of driving activities to ensure compliance with federal regulations governing the rest and work periods.
- Proactively manage time by planning your trip, and communicating with the branch manager and dispatch about pre/post trip, hours of service, required resets, time off requests, schedule conflicts, delays or anything that may affect your trip or job performance.
- Promptly hand in complete paperwork such as BOL’s, logs and any other relevant paperwork to be processed.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of equipment, and communicate requirements and/or restrictions or limitations of the job.
- Be cognizant of poor road conditions and chain-up when conditions dictate.
- Perform minor repairs/adjustments when instructed by the Shop Foreman
- Responsible for routine maintenance of the unit, and ensuring it is mechanically sound before beginning a trip (checking oil, fuel levels, tires, lubricating, as per the pre/post trips).
- Contribute to a safe working environment by completing JSA’s, Hazard ID’s, and attending safety meetings.
- Operates the unit in a safe manner at-all-times and abide by posted speed limits, legal limits and road restrictions/conditions.
- Able to work in remote locations and in adverse weather conditions.
- Remain fit for duty, available to work and report to duty as assigned by dispatch unless on approved time off.
- Be physically able to complete required tasks including, but not limited to, chaining up.
- Demonstrate excellent judgement, never comprising on quality, and always ensuring the needs of the customer and Oculus are placed ahead of your own personal gain or interest.
- Positively contribute to a work environment that promotes safety, respect, cooperation and professionalism.
- Class 1 Licence
- Standard First Aid
- Out-of-jurisdiction First Aid
- H2S Alive
- Minimum of 2 years of hauling fluid off-road
Fort St. John, British Columbia
Grande Prairie, Alberta
You can also email your resume to
Why work for us?
Our employees know best.